My mom, who dropped me off, is wondering why I haven't gotten in my car as I am walking around inspecting it trying to survey the damage. My first instinct was that someone bumped into either the front or the back of my car trying to parrallel park. As I was looking over it, a man, whose house I was parked across the street from, walked over to me and started talking to me. HE was the one that bumped into my car...it was on my driver's side door, and told me the story about how someone parked in front of his driveway blocking him in, so as he was trying to manuver around their car, he unfortunately backed in to my car. :( I REALLY appreciate his honesty. We need more people like him in this world. I would've NEVER known that it happened, and probably wouldn't have noticed it for a while. This poor little "dent" cost quite a bit of damage, close to $900, plus a rental car. He said that the people that blocked his driveway are going to pay for it (though I'm not exactly sure how that's going to work out). And, I'm a little scared about the whole payment thing...I've never been involved in a wreck where they did not want to involve insurance. I'm fine with it as long as I don't have to go through a lot of hassle getting them to pay for it. And, it turns out, it was one of my old teacher's ex-husbands, plus he's an attorney, plus he left a note AND came to talk to me (this is me trying to talk myself in to everything being ok).
Anyway, today, I was at the rental car place, after dropping my car off for it's repairs, for almost an hour and a half!! There is NO WAY I'd be able to spend this much time on this little incident if I were working. I'm very thankful to my wonderful husband for providing so much for our family and helping to be the middle man in dealing with this incident. I hate talking to men about cars. I feel stupid. And sometimes, I feel like men try to take advantage of poor women who know nothing about this kind of junk. BUT the "fun" thing in all of this is that they were out of all the normal rental cars, so I am getting to drive a hybrid. It is WAY different. the "key" looks like the keyless entries to most cars and there is a "power" button to turn it on. I get really distracted while I'm driving because I tend to watch the mpg it gets - which is AMAZING. When I am driving slowly through town, it gets 80 to 90 mpg. I love it. At least I won't have to buy much gas to replenish it. But it sort of looks like a space ship. hehe. look.
I promise my next story will be better. Maybe. But I needed to vent.
2 comments:
oh my GOSH.. that sucks. but at least he was a good guy about it.. i agree there aren't enough people like that. HONESTLY. Your rental car looks like the front part of a dustbuster when you open it up to clean it. HA. nice.
and about my blog.. i KNOW I KNOW.. i'm posting tonight!!! sheesh!! you and jessica! hehe
Post a Comment