Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Baby Party" and a belly

I HATE showers. It makes me uncomfortable when people spend money on me. I'm nervous the entire time because I'm not good with all eyes staring at me giving me that much attention. But, our sweet friends wanted to give us a shower. When they first mentioned it, I was nervous about it, because #1) most of our friends live out of town these days #2) most of our friends are guys. I just knew, this shower would be planned, and then no one would be able to come, and I'd be sad, but it wasn't the case AT ALL. The boys all got together Saturday morning and went dove hunting. That night, we met in Southlake for the "baby party". Cori and Tony (who live in Denver, CO) and Audrey and Joe (who live in Houston) came in and hosted this wonderful event. So, not only did they prepare for a party, they traveled good distances to be here. It was so special to Luke and me.


Here are some pics of the event.

When we first arrived...pink balloons on the mailbox, and a baby girl rattle on the door.




The beautiful hostesses...(I never did get a pic of their husbands with them). But LOOK at this table! And, they MADE the diaper cake. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen! There were pink flowers every where! Audrey is on the left, Cori on the right. Thank you ladies, it was beautiful!!!




These cute things were hanging everywhere...




They made a DELICIOUS lasagna and we ate on PINK plates, with PINK plastic ware. and notice the gorgeous pink flowers.




We received so many wonderful things. Everyone was SO generous. Thank you all SO MUCH! I can't tell you how much it meant to us. I love ya'll!

But, there were some funny stories...Wes, Carthy, and Glenna got me a breast pump. But the great part of the story, was that Wes was the one who actually went to the store, printed out the registry, and found the pump. He said once he picked it up, he was embarrassed and hiked it under his arm like a football. When he got up to the line, he tried to find a few things to throw in with it, so he wasn't JUST buying a breast pump - he wanted to feel a little more manly. My story did NOT do his justice, you should've seen him acting it out. (You can tell I obviously found it funny by my ugly face laugh).




Courtney and Josh got us a pack n' play. I was so excited about it and wanted to open it up and see it. The boxes are always a tease. There's a tiny picture on the front, but come on, it's new, and i want to touch it. SO...i opened the box.




Probably NOT the best idea when all the guys had had a few adult beverages in them. These guys are all strong, especially after a few drinks...and they're guys, so they're not going to read the directions. You can kind of see the terror in my face as I'm furiously reading the directions to try to catch them before they make a major mistake, praying that they're not breaking the brand new toy. They were successful (with a little guidance) and finally got it up. But I quickly had them break it down and load it in the car so it would make it home with me in one piece.




After presents, we ate cake. I could not believe this cake. They took a picture of the bedding to the cake place and they made it EXACTLY like the bedding. It was the cutest thing!!!




THEN...the girls were going to have us play a game. I have to admit, when they first said that, my heart dropped. I was afraid it was going to be the game where you cut the string to see who guesses the closest circumference around Raschel's belly. THANKFULLY it was nothing embarrassing. They melted candy bars in diapers and had us line up and smell/taste/touch them to see if we could guess what it was. It looked like poo and was hilarious to see the guys so excited about this game.

Luke was the first...




The boys were very serious and didn't want any cheating...Joe (Audrey's husband) and Joseph covering their answers.




Seth looks like he's about to ralph.


And "West" tasting the poo.



We had a WONDERFUL time. Thank you all AGAIN for making it so memorable for us.


I haven't taken a good profile shot in a while...and if you make fun of this pic, i'll hurt you. I wish my shirt had been pulled down in the back. This was me and my fat self at 34 weeks. My belly is starting to get pointy and awkward looking. I go to the dr to get "checked" on Monday. I'm very interested to see if any kind of progress has been made. I'll be 36 wks then. It's crazy to think I could deliver as early as 1 week from then, or it could be as long as 6 wks from then (my dr won't induce, unless medically necessary, until 42 weeks). Believe me, after my next shower, I'm trying everything i can to get this little girl out of me. (And hopefully it IS a girl...because we sure do have a lot of girly things!) I haven't washed a THING yet because I'm so nervous about it.

3 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i can't believe you're embarrassed about that pic, it's SO cute. WAAAY cuter than my pics at that stage. oh my gosh, you're butt is so nice and tiny. Mine was as big, if not bigger than the huge bump i had in the front. btw, your boobs are JY-NOR-MOUS. How'd you like em? Wait till your stinkin milk comes in and DOUBLES the size of those babies.

Amelia said...

Raschel! you look so amazing; you are absolutely GLOWING!

Crystal Corona said...

you look great, I hope I look as good as you do when I get pregnant!!!