Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Fun

Christmas was a bit stressful. You know when you have an idea made up in your head of how everything should go...and it just doesn't turn out like that? It's kind of disappointing, but I still loved Christmas with my new little family. We're still learning and next year things will (hopefully) go more smoothly! :)

Luke's big present was a smoker. He'd been wanting a tower charcoal smoker that I couldn't find ANYWHERE, except one site on the internet. It was a Brinkmann--popular name, right? Sold. I bought it. I paid $35 or $40 for shipping. Luke opens it and is excited upon first glance--then he starts to assemble it. P.O.S. The door is NOT secure, he had to rig it to make it actually hang on--it looks so cheap. I hate it. Sad. I got on the website to complain, and what do you know? Christmas DAY it is discontinued. Grrr. (Oh...and it's still sitting partially assembled in our living room. He's going to buy something to try to make it more 'air tight'.) Did I mentioned this grill seems to SUCK? I'll let you know when we finally have some smoked ribs. My mouth is salivating. Hopefully it will be as tasty as I'm picturing.


I knew Makena was not going to realize what was happening that day, other than being slightly stressed by the number of people we were about to encounter. I'm still working on her stocking, so it wasn't complete...but I "hung" it w/ ours anyway. It's the thought, right? Anyway, Santa still visited her.

On the plus side, when we finally got home Christmas night, Makena went right to sleep. She slept a solid 8 hours (I did not b/c I was so worried about her lack of waking). She woke up, ate only 3 ounces and went back to sleep...so basically didn't eat a "full" bottle for 13 hours. Poor girl. She was plain tuckered out.

Here are a few pics....

Much more interested in the shiny wrapping paper.

A new paci, for big girls. 3-6 months. When she sucks it, her nose moves profusely b/c it hits it.

It's been a while since I've had a period (like a year). Scary. I took a test. Negative. Luke wasn't quite sure when this pic was taken, all he saw was the back of the test w/ no results. When he turned it over he got the joke. I thought it was perfect timing. I crack myself up.

We didn't forget the dogs...they had a couple of stockings of goodies also. Spoiled. I love it.

Santa left Makena an Excersaucer. She was a little too small for it on Christmas day, but less than a week later, her tip toes could touch. She's growing SO FAST. Here she is enjoying it. (Pay no attention to the rapidly balding head). :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

i love the picture of you in your glasses hold makena... it's so precious... and you look like you've lost even MORE baby weight since i saw you at the shower. nice ;) also.. she's super cute all propped up in her bumbo next to the fireplace.... i'm sorry the smoker thing didn't work out from the start... i hate ordering things online when they cost a lot.. i get all nervous. I'm sorry Luke.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

uhm. i love ur animal hide rug. seriously. me and austin want the theme of our bedroom to be all cowboy with animal skins and horns. u know what i mean? like the inside of saltgrass.