Modeling her first pair of jeans:
I've been working out now, 3 times a week (at home, doing a step DVD program that I LOVE b/c I don't trust gym daycares for infants thanks to Jessica...). I say this not to brag on myself (not at ALL actually b/c the weight is freaking taking FOREVER to come off...), but because USUALLY working out will energize me for the day. I was getting up for the day when Makena woke up, would feed her, pump, work out...and then my body would BEG for a nap, and usually, I would oblige. I figured the fatigue was one of 2 things: 1) either I was pregnant again--b/c that was my ONLY symptom w/ Makena, or 2) thought I might be getting too MUCH sleep b/c when that happens, I tend to be abnormally tired. I bought some pregnancy tests...thank gosh it was negative. (Yeah, still no Aunt Flo' at almost 5 months postpartum...eek! As much as I hate it, I love the reassuring sign of no baby, except for that happy month when I was hoping I wouldn't be visited.)
I decided I needed some sort of routine and needed to start getting up earlier. blah! So, I joined Fly Lady. Have you heard of her? You should go to her website if you want to try to get some organization about your house/life... (http://flylady.net/). She gives ideas on areas or "zones" to clean each week. She recommends you get up and get dressed all the way to your shoes...actually, there is REALLY good logic about it. You should read about it here. (I'm still not quite to that point yet...) but i DID decide I'd start getting up and cooking breakfast for Luke in the morning, and we'd eat together before he left, enjoying some alone time in the quietness of our house. I have REALLY enjoyed that time together. This past week, I've been a slacker and have started sleeping in again. I'm feeling guilty about it and next week, I'm going to be better! I think the getting up early (as much as I HATE it), has helped with the tiredness, even though it's SO hard to drag myself out of bed to hang out at the house all day, especially if my only plans are to clean...but if I get the cleaning out of the way early in the morning (sometimes before Makena wakes up) I have that much more time to do whatever i want to do that day w/ out feeling like my house is a wreck. Also, since Luke is doing manual labor all day, I think about how tired he must be, and how he doesn't just get to sleep in whenever he feels like it...so I'm going to drag my butt out of bed, for him, b/c i know it has to be hard to get up and leave when your lover is still tucked away, cozy in bed.
ANYWAY...last week (i think) one of Fly Lady's recommendations was to remove items from your room that had become like furniture b/c it had been there for so long. I decided I should take down Makena's original bassinet. I've kept it there wanting to keep her my little newborn baby and kept telling myself there was a reason it was still in my room (....in case Luke went out of town, she could lay next to me all night in her little crib). #1. Makena pretty much won't sleep anywhere but her own bed now, unless she's REALLY tired, and I'm not going to get her to that point ESPECIALLY if i'm by myself b/c I get scared being in the house alone and would be sad if all I heard in the empty house was an eerie baby cry and #2...the bassinet portion is only supposed to hold babies up to 12 lbs and Makena passed that up a LONG time ago. :) Thus, "the end of an era"...no more newborn baby.
On one of our recent shopping outings, Makena got her first pair of sunglasses. This pic is a little fuzzy b/c i took it w/ my cell, and don't mind the booger in her nose...but boogers and all, I love her.
She also got her new baby legs in the mail. I need to get a better pic of it squeezing her little chub rolls. I love them (the chub and the leg warmers).
Speaking of chub...cute it is, indeed. :) Don't you just want to **pinch** it?! I was taking her temp, (rectally, ick)...and couldn't resist the cute way she was laying while she was enjoying her diaperless booty. Jessica, I agree with you, this is the reason I have a new found love for cankles and cellulite. I love you 'kena leigh! :)

8 comments:
lady your monthly visitor won't return until you cut your breastfeeding and pumping to less than 10x's a day. So just use protection for your adult moments and enjoy the time without it. :)
Love that cute bootie!!
Makena is getting so big! She's so sweet!! I love the booty picture.... too cute!! Enjoy cleaning your house & getting organized, it's my favorite past time :)
I am so with you. We moved into our house a few weeks ago and there is so much to do I just end up doing nothing! Love the pics!
I don't know why my name never shows up. JEJ is Crystal Jones by the way.
That butt is too cute!! I wish that I lived in Dallas because after my baby comes I am going to stay home with her and we could have really fun play dates.
okay so just remember how luck you are that your baby sleeps through the night now... i'm losing my MIND in the up-in-the-middle-of-the-night stage. AHHHH!!!! Oh.. and that is one cute bum. it's so roundy :)
Those rolls are soo cute!
I LOVE the booty pic! That is classic!!!!
Post a Comment