SMILE! I crawled today!
In Action:
I've definitely had to start baby proofing things...and things I NEVER thought of that are obviously very enticing to little ones (like the little door stoppers...ours are springs and Makena LOVES to jiggle them...little did I know that the little knobs on the ends of the springs would come OFF and into her mouth. I nearly had a heart attack as I was thrusting my finger in every direction her mouth to rid her of the choking hazard, or the dog food that we USED to leave on the floor allowing the dogs to eat at will, NO MORE!).
Last week, she learned how to pull herself to a standing position. After MANY falls, she's getting better and better at it. It's so much fun to watch kids figure things out. I admit, I have a hard time watching her do these things b/c I KNOW she's going to fall, and cry, and hurt herself. I HATE seeing her in pain...but I've quickly realized that if I don't SHOW her that I'm freaking out (and put a smile on my face and laugh when she falls) she doesn't cry about it (or cry as long...sometimes she even laughs it off!). I remember when she was first starting to go mobile w/ her cartwheels (and even when she was learning to learn to sit and balance)...I'd freak b/c I felt like she was sitting in a very uncomfortable position, so I'd reposition her, and she'd go RIGHT back to the same position again. I'm sure I held her back in her mobile developmental process b/c I was always nervous about her popping an arm or leg out of socket by the weird ways she'd contort herself. Hopefully, I'll remember this with the next child. But, I've learned, and I'm trying to be brave as she becomes even MORE independent!
Makena used to only sleep in her bed, or in her swing. But now, because she's been so active, she's fallen asleep in many weird places. Here are a few:
She was playing by herself in her pack 'n play so mommy could get some work accomplished, and I didn't hear talking any more, so I went to check on her, and found her snug as a bug in a rug (w/ her sweet paw on her toy). Sweet baby girl.
Asleep on her pallet:
I love this new stage. It's fun, exciting, and keeps me on my toes!!
5 comments:
She is adorable!!
I can't believe she's already crawling!! She's such a big girl! And I love all the sleepy pictures, too cute! Give her love from Houston :)
Those pics are so cute!!!! Yay for crawling baby!!
this blog is the perfect metaphor for her entire life. u want them to grow up and be big and accomplish new things, but u know doing so...they'll get hurt. u have to watch them get hurt so they can learn. aww..the life of mothers.
she is totally precious, looks just like you :)
She is so adorable!
Post a Comment