Thursday, June 18, 2009

First Boat Ride

Last weekend, we took Makena on her first boat ride (outside of Mommy's tummy). It was MY first boat ride since being pregnant also! It's been a while. It's law that she's supposed to wear a life jacket at all times on the boat. It was very obvious she HATED it from the very beginning. I don't think it's possible for a life jacket to be comfy. The SECOND I put it on her, she started pouting. (Although, I couldn't blame her w/ as high as the jacket rides around her neck.) It looked like a baby neck brace.
I know you're miserable K, hang in there! (Notice her bended ear...they are obviously very bendy, and cute).
Don't act like that pouty face isn't one of the cutest things EVER.
Pure Mad-ness. She vows to never set foot on the boat again if we don't get this OFF of her. I believe her.

Happy baby with no life vest. Don't worry 'Kena Leigh, I'll protect you!
Luke and I are fishing while Makena has her own little boat picnic. She LOVED pulling up on the chairs and learning how to work her "sea legs".

Then, Daddy wanted to get a picture of her smiling face while the boat was in drive. We were very careful during the making of this photo. :) BUT, Makena LOVED bouncing on the boat with the wind blowing through her hair....she's definitely going to be an outdoors woman.

4 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

She is so precious! She looks like a good mix of you and Luke!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i can't believe youre breaking the law.

j.k
i love her hair.

Crystal Corona said...

I remember HATING life jackets and not understanding why I had to wear one when I could swim better them my parents and they didn't have one on. So cute!

Lindsay said...

i love her electrocution hair. it's hilarious. She really is SUPER gorgeous. good job making her... i'm sure it wasn't FUN at ALL... haha ;) and you look really hot yourself in these pics!!!