Wednesday, July 15, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.

"WHEN THE DOG BITES, WHEN THE BEE STINGS, WHEN I'M FEELING SAD....I SIMPLY REMEMBER MY FAVORITE THINGS AND THEN I DON'T FEEL SOOOO BAAAAADDD!"

...did the title make you want to sing the song? It did me, and so I sang. :)

Here's my list:


1. The belly button of the butter. It's so stinkin' cute. When we were little, my siblings and I would argue over who got the first scoop of the new butter. It's like the belly button was extra tastey. Now, I ALWAYS remove the belly button first. Maybe w/ the next butter, I'll be a rebel and let the belly button stay as long as possible, scooping all around it to enjoy its cuteness. Weird? I think NOT.


2. My Baylor cup--not only does it remind me of the sweet day I birthed my newest love, but I SWEAR water tastes better out of it. Plus I love to drink out of straws AND to see how many ounces of water I'm drinking, so I'm pretty sure this cup was made with me in mind. It's perfect. Except...mine broke. So sad. I still haven't thrown it away. And it now has water stuck inside its layers that won't come out. Luke tried stealing this cup from me, but I reminded him of why I got the cup (basically, I made him feel guilty for the pain I endured to win this "prize") and he's now got his own version of a big, oversized cup. If I could buy one or 2 of these, I would.


3&4. Frosted mugs--everything tastes better in them. And I especially love when my drinks get little chunks of ice in them because they're so cold.
The Great State of TEXAS--sure, it's hot here right now...but I love it. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.


5. Crockpot liners-yep. They're amazing. No clean up necessary.


6. Orange Juice--Luke and I used to argue over who drank the most orange juice, so finally I put an end to the bickering and got us a his and hers bottle. Yep, our names are on them. I'm pretty sure he still cheated and drank some of mine after his was empty.


7. A1--Why is it upside down you ask? Because I want every last drop-that's why. I love to stick my finger in it and lick my A1 lollipop'd finger. My mouth is salivating for it right now. I love it's tangy-ness.

8. Smiles through paci's. No explanation necessary. Although, I do have to elaborate on the picture. She also LOVES her new little baby. We always go through the toy aisle at Walmart/Target and she SMILES and LAUGHS when she sees the baby dolls, so I finally bought her her very own. And, it has a paci of its own that she loves to steal. (She looks a little cross eyed here...she's not.)

9. Rednecks. Yep, Makena's pool is in the front yard. And it's sitting on the HUGE slope, under the tree. Luke had just gotten back from a fishing excursion and while he was cleaning the fish, we decided to keep him company. (Actually he begged me to do this, I wanted to refrain for fear of what our neighbors might think). Speaking of....our neighbor (who is black) came over and said, "Luke, where i come from, this is considered ghetto, but for you, I guess it's considered honky". We laughed and said, "you mean white trash?" (as we had already joked about what WT we looked like that day). He quickly said, "ok, now that YOU said it, yes, definitely white trash, but I didn't want you to think I was racist". Luke assured him that he could always tell us when we were white trash if we could tell him when he was getting ghetto. That night, a hoopty pulled up to his house as we were loading the truck to leave, and Luke screamed over to him, "Hey Dave! Now that's what I call ghetto!" SOOOO Embarrassing. Dave laughed and said, "the funny thing is? His Momma is WHITE." LOL. Oh brother. This poor, unsuspecting man who got picked on (I was DYING in the truck...so embarrassed). :) BUT, just look at this cute baby...no one could call her trash. Not ever.

And, I just love how prissy she is in this picture. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 number 9. So funny. I just love your little one. She sure is precious.

PS Are you able to comment on my blog yet? If not send me another email.

:)

Crystal Corona said...

Cute! That neighbor story was funny! AND Makena is adorable.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i DID read but did NOT comment. you caught me. sorry. i read it on my phone and it just takes too long to comment on there.

so here it is...

i love that you each have ur own OJ. i'm gonna do that with paks of Dr. Pepper because it makes me SOOO mad when austin opens one up and then drinks like two sips and then leaves it on the table. ugh.

the butter button is perfect. i'm gonna try that too...keeping it for as long as i can.

Lindsay said...

okay so i loved your WT/ghetto story so much that i had to tell enos... he thought it was great. also... that is the sassiest pose. i love her!... whenever i move back to texas we HAVE to get our kids together! lucas likes older women. hehe :) and hello! those liners look AWESOME! why have i never known about them!??! i'm totally buying some!!! and i don't know ANYONE who drinks any other orange juice now.. it really is the BEST OJ i've ever drank. plus... OJ is my favorite drink.

Lindsay said...

also.. i love that you call it the belly button. it TOTALLY is a belly button!... and yes.. i realized this week after moving to San Fran that i truly DO love texas and want to move back after school. 3 more years baby!!!

heathernikki said...

LOVE the Baylor cup! Too bad mine got lost in the move!

Brittany (Stovall) Cavender said...

Your blog is precious and so is your daughter! Congrats! PS I remember you having bay watch flip flops or a gymnastics suit or something when I first met you before 9th grade - ha!