I figured I'll dress Makena in whatever I want until she has an opinion (or until she can voice it...). When I tried this outfit on her at Babies R Us, I laughed out loud sitting on the floor admiring her and KNEW this was the one. Makena really IS our little monkey. Monkey-see-Monkey-Do...she's copying EVERYTHING now. I REALLY have to be on my BEST behavior now. :) All though, I did teach her how to stomp her feet because it's so cute to watch her stomping around the living room.
Her poor ear is sticking out in this picture...but I think it makes the monkey-ness even cuter.
She was a little unsure about wearing the costume UNTIL i brought out the mirror. Makena LOVES her stuffed animals, and when she saw herself WEARING one, she was in love. She kept giving the mirror kisses and hugs.
I decided to get a little more wear out of the outfit, so when we went to watch a friend's softball game Halloween afternoon, Makena wore her costume. She was happy the ENTIRE time and NEVER tried to take it off. I'm pretty sure she was loving all the attention she was getting.
Smiling monkey:
Padded tummy:
Playing with her buddy Hunter:
Here she is smiling at the attention she's getting from random strangers (an entire group that stopped to admire her). One man came up to me and asked me if he could take a picture to send to his wife, weird yes, but Makena must have just been THAT cute, so I took it as a compliment. :)
Makena's a lover and LOVES to give kisses and hugs. She tried giving Hunter-man some love, but he wasn't having any of it. I think he was a little freaked out by the stuffed animal that seemed to come to life. :) He kept screaming "NO, NO, NO, NO!!" poor guy.

After the game, Makena came home and took a good nap and then got dressed up again to go trick-or-treating for the first time. But first, she had to take pictures w/ Mommy and Daddy.

Don't mind my fuzzy hair, it had been a long day. :)
We're OFF!! She's very good about holding our hands when we walk (especially near the street) and I think it's adorable to see my little girl holding her daddy's hand. :)

We're at the 1st house! TRICK-OR-TREAT!!
We're at the 1st house! TRICK-OR-TREAT!!
Makena was NOT amused. She didn't understand why strangers were coming to doors and smiling and talking to her. There was a lot of commotion, and the big kids were always really fast about running up to the door and running away as fast as they got there, I'm sure so they could hit up all the houses...anyway, I'm pretty sure they all scared her...
But, the second she realized she had goodies in her pumpkin she was excited! She LOVES to take everything out of baskets and then put it all back in again, so she had a good time that evening. We only went to a few houses b/c I felt a little weird about taking a little 1 year old to houses b/c I feel like the people giving candy away are thinking, "I know this candy isn't for the baby..." Luke's a big kid and wanted to keep the party going (and wanted more candy for himself), but when I told him I bought him an ENTIRE bag of butterfinger (which I had hidden) it appeased him. :)
Happy Halloween! :)
8 comments:
She is precious! I LOVE her costume!:) Happy Halloween!
That is so sweet! I love daddies and their babies. :) She looks adorable and I cant wait to dress up my little man next year!!! I want to make him a penguin.....but I am sure that will change.
Cutest little monkey I've ever seen! Great pictures and stories to go along with it. Sounds like you made some wonderful memories :) Mimi
Love it! She is absolutely adorable.
HAHA.. don't you like how both our children have a single ear sticking out of their costumes. though i must say... Makenna looks a lot happier in hers. what a cute little button girl!!! hehe
didn't u hear about that family who had a monkey for a pet and it attacked her and like ate her eyballs and lips and stuff? ur dangerous.
I'm now an official follower!!! Let's see a new post already!
i'm pretty sure ur dead.
Post a Comment