Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Little Snow Bunny

When I heard it was possible to get 1-3" of snow today, I thought the weathermen were out of their minds and were getting excited about the slick roads like they always do. We woke up this morning to a snow covered back yard (at 6 am), and it was POURING snow, and is forecasted to continue throughout the day. It is SO, SO, SO pretty!! I couldn't go back to sleep. I started planning what I wanted to do when Makena woke up. :)

I can't explain how giddy I was waiting for her to wake up!! I sat here in 3 layers waiting for the first sign of her stirring!! haha!! Then, we layered up and went outside. (I was afraid I'd be let down, and be the only one excited)....but it wasn't true! She LOVED it! She walked outside and screamed, "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while pointing and smiling and laughing!! She RAN to the snow (and slipped on the side walk) and LOVED playing in it! She tried catching the snow in her mouth without me even prompting her to do it. We played for a good hour outside. Luckily, Luke went in a little late and got to see her first reaction to the snow! It was priceless! :) I'm hoping he can come home early today and we can go to the park area and play on the hills...but i doubt we'll be the first to do it, so it may be snowless! :) But, it was so much fun! I can't believe how much it's snowing! It's SO pretty!

Venturing Out...
So excited! (I wish this picture was zoomed in so you can see her priceless face...you HAVE to click the pic to
blow it up and see how happy she is)!

I tried to get a picture of her catching snowflakes in her mouth, but, through my excitement, I couldn't take a picture while watching her have so much fun!

Buried feet.

Playing in the snow.

Makena's VERY 1st snowman! SO MUCH FUN! :)

I've been singing "Frosty the snowman" all morning...I didn't have a pipe, but I did have a button nose, and 2 eyes made out of coal. (we had to improvise quite a bit...so its mouth is made of wine toppers...you can tell the Ragsdale's love Meridian wine, but I consider all of the "M's"(and maybe some of the "W's"... :0/)...to stand for MAKENA!) And, his arms are bubble blowers because I just recently trimmed all of our bushes and didn't have any spare twigs.


"dat" (Pointing and saying "that" when I said, "where's the snowman?")

'Kena the red-nosed big girl...after we came in. (I just love that nose and those cheeks). SO KISSABLE! :)

8 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

I love this!! She is too stinking cute! She looks just like you to me :) I'm so jealous of her snowy adventures. She's one lucky gal to get to play in the snow and to have such a cute little snowman. Enjoy her sweetness!!

Crystal Corona said...

I can't believe all the snow there! So glad she could have fun in it!!! The snow here does not make Roman happy.

Jaimee Granberry said...

Absolutely precious! I'm about to take my third graders out to go play...they won't look nearly as cute though!: )

Anonymous said...

Raschel seriously you guys are in trouble when she becomes a teenager! She is soooo precious!!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

raschel, she is MEGA dreamy. look at her face. it's soooo yummy, i wanna bite it. she looks so much like you.

wait.

that's sounds weird. so i guess i wanna bite ur face too.

Jesse said...

What fun! Makena looked like she had a blast, and is super cute all bundled up in her pink. I'm so jealous of the snow!

HowryFamily said...

I'm so glad you commented on the blog because I thought I had saved your blog but hadn't... so now I can stalk y'all again:)
I can't believe how big your little girl has gotten! They grow up way to fast :(

Lindsay said...

oh makena... you are SOOOOOO beautiful!!!! lucas is in LOVE. and so am I.