Recently, we went on a camping excursion. We went whisky tango and rented a hybrid camper (that's partial bumper pull, partial pop outs). It was seriously one of the CUTEST trailers I've ever seen. It was one of the funnest/most relaxing vacations we've had AND it was with our best friends! :)
We had SO much fun that we even decided to price travel trailers/fifth wheels. And, let me tell you, there's nothing whisky tango about that. They aren't playing around! These things get EXPENSIVE! But, what's REALLY cool is you can practically take them ANYWHERE! (In order for us to buy one, I'd definitely want to use it a LOT to get our money's worth out of it, and since we just put earnest money down on land, and will close on that in july, I don't see BUYING travel trailers in our near future; it's fun to dream though).
But, for now, renting isn't SO bad...unless you REALLY start thinking about whose dirty booty poo'd in your rented potty, or whose 'business' (and by business i mean bodily fluids or hairs) you might be sleeping with in the bed (fortunately you have to bring your own sheets--and I brought multiple layers, so I'm not laying on ACTUAL business...it's hopefully smothered--AND i brought cleaning supplies to sterilize my environment). :)
Anyway, this is the picture of our cute (TINY) little camper:
Our bed:
Bathroom/shower combo. Luke was thrilled he could get the 3 S's out of the way in one stop, me...not so much, you pretty much had to straddle the toilet to take a shower--fortunately I knew this had only been rented 2 times prior to us (or is that just what Luke told me so I'd use it?).
We did a lot of this:
Or watched the kids play in the pool (yes, a blown up kiddie pool), might as well go all out WT.
Luke always found time to go fishing. Me? I'd read a book, visit with my BFF, or nap with Makena. Or dream about what we were going to have for supper.
The kids had a ton of fun playing with each other. It's so much fun to see their little personalities develop.
And, when they needed to be corralled so the adults could let their minds rest, we put them in the doggy cage and let them entertain themselves playing with the dogs and the doggy water. It was win, win really. They thought it was a treat, and parents knew they couldn't wander off.
We're already planning our next camping trip. :)
2 comments:
Is that doggy cage child proof? Is it cheaper then the baby ones?! lol. Looks like you had lots of fun! I love the arrows and pictures on the photos.
Haha looks like a good time!
Post a Comment