1. June 9th was my Luke's birthday. I love him. My parents treated us to Saltgrass. It was delicious. Luke is 5 year old trapped in a 25 yr old's body...he loves attention. He wanted them to sing "Happy Birthday" to him when he got his free dessert, but our waitress didn't. :( So, luckily, because we love him, we embarrassed ourselves by singing to this 25 year old man. I wonder who our daughter will take after, her shy doesn't want attention cast on herself mother, or her very outgoing, craving attention father. Maybe she'll be a nice mixture of the both of us. Never the less, I love my Luke for everything silly that he is.

2. That Thursday, I met my long lost friend Carlie for lunch and then we went to her mother's ranch to play. It was so beautiful and pieceful...and...I got to bottle feed a cow. His mom didn't produce enough milk so they had to take over feeding for her. When it sucked to the bottom of the bottle the cow nudges at you like he would do to his mom's teet to get more out (I love the word 'teet'). It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen...except, I didn't have any more milk, so I got out of the pen so he'd quit trying to bump me.
3. After the feeding, her mom took me on a tour of some of their land. It was so awesome. And, the funniest thing was...the dogs all know when you're about to get on the little car-type thing behind me in the above picture. They ALL caught a ride with us. I couldn't get all the dogs in this next picture, but there were 6 of them total that rode with 3 humans. It was seriously the funniest site in the world...except Carlie's precious pups loved to roll in the horse and cow poo because they thought it perfumed them. Eww. But, it was so much fun to see how excited the dogs were for this little adventure.
4. After our tour, we went back and relaxed at the house for a while, and then her mom grilled some delicious chicken. Yum. I can still taste it. Then, when it had cooled down, we went fishing on their HUGE pond...i caught 2 fish. I was very excited. And, I tied my lour on all by myself because I didn't have my Luke there to do it for me...but he obviously trained me well, because I think I did a pretty good job. I loved hanging out with Carlie. It was so much fun! I haven't seen her in 2 1/2 yrs...but she's the type friend that no matter how long it's been since you've seen each other, you pick up right where you left off.
5. That Saturday was my cousins wedding in Abilene. We chose to drive down there and back that same day. This way, my spoiled dogs didn't have to be boarded. I think they would think I was deserting them if I took them to be boarded and can't bring myself to seeing their sad faces as I walked away. So, instead, they got to stay in their own comfortable kennels. They only had to be in there for 11 hours...I'm pretty sure they rathered stay home for an extra hour or 2 than normal as opposed to sleeping in a strangers room.
6. Sunday was Father's Day. I got Luke a pre-father's day (because he's not really a father, but he kinda is)...gift. It's a rain gauge and thermometer. He loves to sit on the back porch when it's raining and now is excited he can check our rain levels each time it showers. And, yes, he chose to stick it in the very center of our back yard. It's very non-trashy.
4 comments:
are u saying i'm a bad mother because i left my dog? i feel bad now. actuall i ended up taking him to me FIL's instead which i'm sure he's enjoying a lot more than being at laila's.
uhmm...gauze panties stay on perfectly, not sticky at all.
you can ask me anything about the shaving i do. i'm not shy. you should have seen the body contortioning i had to do to make sure i didn't miss any spots.
Raschel...i thought the gauze panties would be sticky too so don't let jessica harass you. That ranch ride sounds SO relaxing... i wish i could have gone... but at least i'll be relaxing in two weeks at my parents house!! yay!! It will be so much fun :) I love that you got him a rain thingy and thermometer... that's really country of him to sit on the back porch...heheh.
Raschel at least feeding your baby girl will be easier than the Cow! =)
Hey! I love the stories! You will have to come out to the ranch again, and bring Luke! I def. had so much fun with you and we can't wait 2 more years before getting together again...thats just wrong!
p.s...love the rain gauge!
Post a Comment