Thursday, June 19, 2008

Maternity Clothes

I have a total of 3 shirts I can wear on a regular basis to 'dress up' a bit or just wear them casually. Luckily, I can still fit into a few t-shirts...I just look like I have a huge beer belly. It's very flattering. I originally bought myself a couple of cute maternity tank tops, but even those are beginning to get too small. I'm sad. And now, since I only have a few "maternity" tops...I started inspecting them for flaws because I wear them weekly. Sadly, I see what is the beginning of pit stains. It's not incredibly obvious YET, but the more I wear them, the more it will show. So, I thought to myself, "Raschel, you need to go shopping and get a few more shirts and maybe a cute dress".

I hate shopping. Especially for maternity clothes because I don't want to spend a crap load for clothes that I'll only be wearing the next few months. I went to Super Target today, because the regular Target that is close to me has a very small, very unorganized maternity section. I was successful the LAST time I was there...but not this time. I was even going to buy the same shirts that I already love so I could have 2 of each...but it wasn't that easy. Then, I went to a Kid to Kid store (it's supposed to be a 2nd hand kind of store where they sell kids stuff and maternity clothes at a discount). I'm not a patient shopper, but since I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for new clothes, I thought this would be a good bet. It wasn't. The clothes racks were packed so tightly (with very outdated maternity clothes) that I could barely sort through them. Since I was over close to Firewheel, I decided to go into a maternity store over there where I bought my beloved Bella Bands. Holy cow. SHIRTS were EASILY $50 and most were $80. SO, basically, it was a wasted shopping day and nothing got accomplished. I guess I'm going to try ordering clothes on the internet and have them shipped to my house. Several of the stores have clothes on the internet that are not at their stores...but it just makes me nervous because I like to try on the clothes first.

Old Navy is hit or miss with their clothing section...and they really don't have a lot. But..they have more on their website. Motherhood is ok, but every time I go, I try on 399 outfits and only find 1 that I like. Plus, if you change your mind about the clothes you buy there and want to return them (10 days from the date of purchase), you only get store credit - and you can't return anything that is marked "sale".

What do other expectant mothers do? Where do you shop?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You should come to Utah.. it's baby CENTRAL here... EVERYONE is having babies so there are plenty of cute baby clothes at all the stores. Sorry.. that doesn't really help does it. HA. I'm a turd.

Lindsay said...

by baby clothes i mean MATERNITY clothes... (stupid lindsay).

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i'm still here...if you can believe that...long story.

anyway, old navy is OKAY but their sizes are all wierd and not consistent. it's totally hit and miss, i'd check there every few weeks but never really found much.

GAP online has GREAT t's and tanks and they are pretty affordable. i love the v-necks and ballet shirts. everything i order from them is quality. the nicer SHIRT shirts are way expensive unless they are a sale item so i try to keep my eye out for them.

I did a lot at target but only with the liz lange t's. plus i bought a lot of NON maternity shirts that were stretchy and long so they are worn a tighter which i think is way cuter than a big tent over ur top half.

hated motherhood...don't go there. i feel like i'm gonna get a disease in there.

all the other maternity stores are psycho expensive like that one in firewheel (where i got MY bella bands too!!). i just can't justify spending so much for this.

when i would find a shirt i liked, i'd buy it in two or three colors (even tho i started to only wear black here at the end).

no luck with dresses but as for a TOTALLY ROCKIN skirt...go to www.2chix.com and you HAVE to buy that 40 week maternity skirt. It's SO COZY, I wear it everywhere and i have two colors. It's pricey but SOOO worth it, by far my best purchase this preg. the t's are cute there too but i didn't wanna spend the mula for them.

wow...a nvovel...sorry.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

Brought my dog home the same day i got home so it was a lot all at once, but it was fine.

i've heard of other ppl taking a blanket from the baby at the hospital and having someone take it home to their dog before they get home so they are familiar with the smell before you get there. didn't try that, but it may help.

btw...ur acting like u just had a baby or something and you're too busy to post, what the heck? if i can keep up, so can you, you're borderline time out.