
For some reason, I can't post different paragraphs, it's making them all run together, so i'm just going to chang the color...
I was thinking about how ridiculous I was being today before my visit to the doctor. I first weighed my self naked to get a base number. Then, I began holding and weighing different shirts, different pants, etc. to see how much they weighed separately. All the while, needing to pee really bad, but knowing I couldn't do it because it would skew the results by at least .2 lbs. So...after I found what I thought to be the least amount of weight for a shirt/capri combo, I put on all of the clothes and weighed my self. I was almost satisfied until I looked in the mirror and realized I looked like a cow. I tried on ANOTHER entire outfit and weighed myself. Luckily, I weighed the same as I did in the first outfit. I decided to keep it on. It was shorts and a tank top and even though I still looked fat, at least I'd be cool-er than in jeans (plus those weighed 1.2 lbs more than the shorts). I ate oatmeal this morning hoping the fiber would do it's trick. And because I had an afternoon appointment, I skipped lunch and decided to eat some yogurt so I wouldn't have a lot of extra weight on me before I stepped on the DOCTORS dreaded scale. I know. I sound ridiculous.
But then I realize WHY I take this absurd precautions....
I was at the doctor's office. I'd already been weighed...and I was semi-happy, because usually the scale there makes me weigh more than I do at home, but not today. However, I gained 5 lbs in a month. (I was actually HAPPY about this - b/c several websites I've read will tell you to expect to gain 1-2 lbs per week) UNTIL the Doctor said "You're right on the verge of needing to start watching your weight; you should typically only gain 3 lbs a MONTH". I almost started crying. HOW in the WORLD is that possible? First of all, as I've already told ya'll, I lied when I told them my starting weight, maybe by 5 lbs or so... BUT, I have NOT been eating like a pig. I told her I don't know what I'm doing wrong. She asked me what I eat for breakfast and lunch. I told her a bowl of cereal (oatmeal, honey bunches of oats, etc) and a peanut butter jelly sandwich for lunch. She looked at me like I was lying to her and said, "and is that ALL". I said YES!!! Occasionally for a snack I'll have a yogurt or a banana or something, but it's not like I'm eating all day. (I know she still did not believe me b/c she asked if I ever ate chips...I told her OCCASIONALLY i will eat chips...but I only eat a few...AND it's the no-fat pringles. THEN she said, "well, that ice cream bar before bed will also get you in trouble". WRONG again JERK. I hardly ever eat anything sweet - i prefer salt. I was/am depressed. I know I'm obviously doing something wrong b/c I can't help but gain weight (so far about 25 lbs...that's with my honest weight). But, her suggestion was to eat more protein and less carbs and a LARGER breakfast. That makes me sick thinking of it. It's not my favorite meal of the day, and I think I'm doing good just to give myself SOMETHING to eat. She told me i should eat eggs, a peach, and some yogurt. Ugh. Do you know how much additional work that is? Then I have to cook the eggs, clean the pan, wash the peach and cut it up (b/c I cant stand biting into the fuzziness of the peach or any fruit and having the juice run down my face).
I debated on whether to share this or not. Because 1) I'm embarrassed and 2) I don't want my sweet husband to read this and freak out and by try to make me eat non-tasteful healthy foods, or questioning my dinner selections when we eat - so Luke, if you read this, bite your tongue.
Oh. And, tonight's dinner menu? Pure carbs. I couldn't help it...especially after she told me to lay off...it was all I could think about. so...i figure I'll be bad before I have to straighten up a bit.
I do wonder though, I KNOW I'm not the only one who's gained a little more weight than they probably should. I've seen people (NONE of you). But, I wonder if their doctors say anything to them, or how they word it when talking to them? What an awful thing to tell a woman. Especially coming from a skinny bitch. There. I said it. I couldn't help but think that the entire time she was lecturing me on what to eat. I hate how skinny she is as I'm sitting there getting fatter by the second.
Also, not only did she stress me out about the weight, but she started telling me all the things I need to do: 1) register at Baylor 2) register for a class, 3) choose a pediatrician and possibly VISIT them?! 4) keep a journal of what I eat every day. Then she left the room with "it looks like you've got some homework". THANK YOU lady for the added stress.
Now, I go every 2 weeks. I'm going to dread getting on the scale the next time. I don't want to hear anymore lip from her. You've said it once, now leave me alone, and if i gain more weight, then it's my problem to work it off later. Shut it. :)
...I'm EXTREMELY excited about my dinner tonight...so much so that I think I'm going to go start cooking it so I can eat early. Yum. I love food, what can I say?
7 comments:
OH MY GOSH...I would totally have said something to this lady. My first doctor with Jake was hard on my weight because I was borderline gestational diabetic so i had a strict diet. She wasn't anywhere NEAR this harsh, i feel bad for you. I like doctors that keep their mouth shut about the weight issue because it really doesn't matter how much you gain. with Jake I gained the absolute most and that was the easiest to get off. I actually got THINNER than pre preg. This time I gained the least and it's been and still is, the hardest to get off. Oooh..if she says something else I would have comeback all rehearsed and ready to shoot off.
Next time you get preggers you def have to find a different doc! Seriously she is bitch!! My friend Elyse gained 50lbs with her 2nd and she was back to pre baby weight 6wks after she gave birth. SO what I would do is just watch what you eat (as you've been doing) and let it go. I don't forsee you having any issues after you give birth so don't stress about it so much and forget what that rude ass said...I think you're doing GREAT considering you only have about 10wks left.
this is so fricken IRRITATING. who CARES if you've gained 25 lbs!!!! you can gain up to 35 and still be fine!!! i'm so pissed at your doctor... my friend Lindsie went to her doctor and the nurse said something to her about having gained too much weight and to "be careful"... why don't you shut your big f-in mouth nurse... or go eat another DONUT because you know you'll DIE if you don't. Stupid woman. Pregnant women are already sensitive about their weight... i say if you're trying... forget what everybody says and just do your best. And next time your doctor gives you a hard time say... "welp, i'm doing the best i can." and be done with it. ERRRRRR... sorry... this just makes me so mad. You look beautiful and FINE the way you are... i mean for CRYING OUT LOUD, you've got a PERSON living inside of you!!!
Let me start by telling you that you are PERFECTLY healthy! I can tell you that I gained 60, yes 60 lbs, with Payton and the last 30 lbs was in a 4 week period! And... my doctor never said a word! You are not doing ANYTHING wrong and baby weight is uncontrollable! You keep eating whatever you want and enjoy your pregnancy!! Don't feel guilty b/c you're more normal than your doctor is leading you to believe! Eat all the carbs you want... REALLY! It's just 1 doctors opinion and EVERY pregnancy and woman is completely different!! Much love to ya and enjoy your dinner :)
WOW! I have no experience with pregnancy and the weight gain that comes with it...but while it might be a little depressing to add on the pounds, my thought is that this is the only time in your life you have a GREAT excuse to gain weight without feeling guilty about it! It's for your baby!:)I would shoot your doctor the finger, but then again I have a hard time controlling my anger!:) Keep eating honey!
how could it be that I'M updating more than you? that's just ridiculous. you need to update!!!
This is exactly what happened at my last appointment 7/29!! The doctor's office is remodling so they moved their scale to the other side of the office and it was off. The nurse told me i gained 10lbs in 4 weeks! I cried bc I know that is not true! The dr told me not to worry bc it was 5 lbs off. I'm stressed too about what I am eating bc now my appts are every 2 weeks!!!
Post a Comment