1. I can’t sleep. Too many things are running through my head. Silly things about the baby and what it will be like after I deliver and when the 500 family members are crammed into my room wanting to hold my precious little baby. I’m already jealous. I want to hold her. Forever. Ok, i'll share, but not for long. :)
2. I have this weird fluid in one of my ears. I only notice it when I burp (and if you read the previous post, you know that gassiness is an issue). But, I feel like I can hear the ocean for a good 5 seconds. I tried taking some medicine to make it go away. No luck.
3. As I was laying and wondering, I thought to myself, I haven’t felt the baby kick since I’ve gone to bed (whether that’s true or not, I really can’t remember) but then freaked myself out and got up. I got a sugary drink and drank it. Now, I’m just waiting. Scary. I hate it that I worry so much.
4. I want to go buy all sorts of things for the baby right now to start putting her room together, but the smart thing to do would be to wait until after my showers. It’s hard to resist. I’ve got the nesting bug, BAD!
5. I go to the Dr again today. I went last week also. She’s an odd character. Some days I leave not ever wanting to see her again, and some days she is the sweetest person ever, ok, not “ever” but she’s way different. The last appointment she was a completely different person. Remember when I told you she freaked me out about weight gain? Yeah, this last time, she said, everything looks good. You’re in great health. Your blood pressure is great, weight gain is great, you’ve had a really healthy pregnancy. What the heck woman? Last time I left this place in tears because you freaked me out! I guess God knew I needed to hear that from her. We’ll just see what she says tomorrow. Now, I kind of expect that every other time I go, she’ll be pleasant. I think she’s menopausal. Maybe that’s why she can be a turd.
6. Weirdest pregnancy dream: (Heather, I already spoiled it for you.) Here it goes…I want to be successful at boobing. There was a time when it was all I could think about. I’d read everything I could on the internet and watched all sorts of videos. Anyway, in my dream, my dogs needed to feed. I was scared because 1) they had teeth, which is obviously significantly different than a newborn’s gums and 2) they were dogs whose suctioning skills were not going to be as good as a baby’s. But, to my surprise, I was able to feed them. I was so happy I was successful w/ them. It was hilarious because they would “paw” at my boob like kitties and puppies do to their momma’s. I didn’t care. I told myself, if I could feed a dog, I could feed my baby. How sick is that? Don’t judge me.
7. Speaking of boobing. Inverted nips. It seems like this would be an obvious thing, but definitely is not. After all of my boobing research I found out that a lot of people have one or both. They may look pointy when you get cold…but there is a nice little test you can do to determine if you have one. I even looked at pictures. And then I got sad about what my mammies will look like after my babies. National geographic style. Thank goodness for lifts, it’s going to be my present to myself. So what if it’s 10 yrs down the road? I have something to look forward to.
8. Makena is dancing a jig in my belly. I love it. The entire thing is moving from side to side. I think she likes bananas and peanut butter. Which means, I can go back to bed for a little while now…phew. If only the ocean noises would stop haunting me…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm rude...tell people you don't want a baby party because they have dirty nasty hands and you don't wait that all over ur new baby skin. Or just don't answer the phone.
Okay, the dog dream mad me laugh OUT LOUD when u talked about the pawing at the boobs. Not many blogs are grand enough to make ME laf loudly...(mine being one of the few...how vain is that?!) tell me again why we never got together when i was in rockwall? dumb...
inverted nips? i'm a proud owner of two broken boobies thankyou. but that's not news to you i'm sure since lindsay feels it's her job to inform the entire WORLD of my handicapped boobs. i did all sorts of booby searches too and the site you have linked was one of my favs...it's a good thorough site. oh and if you look up breastfeeding on youtube and do a little digging you can find this crazy video of some girl from the big brother show who's boobie shoots out milk at any given time like a freakin spout. she's not even nursing and doesn't have kids...freakin CRAZY but i was amused.
This is going to be WAY more info than some of you want to read...You might just want to skip this part. But in case you like to talk about weird things like I do...
Part of my boob research was to see what potential problems could possibly arise so I'd know how to handle the situation. I'd never heard of inverted/flat nips until then, and now, I hear it all over the place! I told Lindsay about research and my lop-sidedness...yes, one is significantly larger (in my opinion) than the other, not just the boob, the nip too. It's wonderful. Also another reason for boob surgery. haha! BUT I figured the larger lady would be my go to...it turns out, it's the one with the problem. So, I did MORE research on how to try to "fix" the issue before the baby arrives. There are, um, "exercises" that can be done. I think they kind of work, but then they started leaking and it freaked me out, so I’ve quit. I talked to another girl that had the issue and she said she bought nip shields. So, if all else fails, I guess that's what I'll do. I had no clue you boob with the shields ON!
I warned that you I'm weird and that this was probably TMI for many of you. Don't you judge me, don't you dare judge me! :)
i think it's HILARIOUS that you expose yourself so unabashedly... the dream... that's one of those dreams that i would NEVER post but would not stop thinking about. That is so funny... and awkward. HA. Also... the inverted nips thing... i've found with the little suction thingies that Jessica gave me that i'm almost normal. I had like One and a half inverted nips... and now... just a half. I'm so glad. it makes me feel normal. And the good thing is.. its a permanent change. I wish i could feel my baby in my belly... it's so rare if EVER. i have to be sitting in a certain position on the couch... okay.. this is the longest comment ever... i'm ending it.
mmm...i love boobies. not really. also, one of mine is totally deflated and the other...still a big girl. it's REALLY noticeable if I wear anything other than black and it sucks big time. whats wrong with mE?!?!?!
oh my doggie boobie dream! Tears streaming as i am laughing out loud...while my 3 doggies stare at me like, "what mom?!" You are an awesome writer and really get my imagination going with you! Its great!
what happened to you? did you die? i'm worried.
Post a Comment