3. EXCEPT, i HATE procrastinating when it comes to Christmas presents. I want to get buying them over with so I don't have it hanging over my head. It stresses me out trying to think of presents for everyone b/c I HATE to spend money, but I hate it even MORE if I think the gift will just be thrown in a drawer and never used. I LOVE to buy people things I know they will use and enjoy. If it were up to Luke, he'd go to the bookstore and buy stupid books for people. Which is the WORST waste of money. But, at least he doesn't stress over it. Plus, I start second guessing the gifts I buy. I've found some really great deals on items, but then I feel guilty thinking I should spend more on the person. However, if i'd bought the item at full price, i definitely wouldn't be thinking that.
4. Luke and I started a tradition when we got married of buying each other an ornament a year for Christmas...and they all have stories behind them. It was so much fun to put up our tree this year and remember each of the ornaments and their stories. Some of the ornaments are so hideous they make me laugh. For example, this one:
...but any one that knows Luke knows he loves to fish, and wants to do it ALL the time.
Or this one b/c of Luke's love for ice cream.
...or this one, and being reminded of our trip to Europe for our anniversary last year. We got this on the Rhine River in Germany. He dances. I love it.
5. Makena was sleeping peacefully in her swing today....so...i ran to the bathroom and took a quick bath and dried my hair. I know, I know, that wasn't very safe, and I felt guilty...that's why I didn't shave my legs. (which I haven't done in 2 weeks, and they desperately need). I’ve had Pocohantas hair all day today. (that’s what luke calls it when I don’t do anything to it and it parts down the middle and lays flat on my head).
6. Speaking of Makena, she never really got sick (knock on wood). I think she was on the verge of a cold. Now, I feel stupid for taking her to the dr, but the nurse did kind of freak me out when she told me "if she's fussy, we need to see her, I’m going to transfer you up front to make an apptmt to bring her in today". Then, what was I going to say to that? NO!? It scared me, so of course I went in. At least he checked her out and told me she seemed ok and told me to increase the Axid (his "cure all" pill for everything). :) On Monday, we went BACK to the dr for her 2 month check up. she's grown 2.5 inches and weighs 12 lbs! She got her shots...it was the saddest thing ever. She immediately looked at me and started SCREAMING a high pitched shrill. We came home and she fell right to sleep. I hoped that would be our only side effect, but when she woke up 3 hrs later she was SCREAMING in pain. Her poor legs hurt her. I gave her Tylenol which took about 30 minutes to kick in. Note to self: give Tylenol beforehand. And, I'm pretty sure Tylenol made her poop a funky color. Could this be?
7. I trimmed Makena's nails last week and it looked like a murder scene afterwards. Ok, it wasn't THAT bad. But, I obviously cut one too low and it bled and wouldn't STOP bleeding. I felt awful, but she barely even noticed. I think she might have whimpered...but I didn't even know anything happened until I saw the blood. Now, she needs them trimmed again, and I don't want to do it. Someone told me about using scissors to trim them instead of clippers, but those seem a lot harder. hmm...
8. Makena has the LOUDEST poots EVER. It's semi embarrassing. We'll be walking through the store and she'll rip one. and, of COURSE i immediately talk to her about it, excusing her and asking if she feels better. I just know everyone around us thinks I'm crop dusting the area and blaming my child. (They're loud and LONG). It's really pretty funny. If she's on the verge of taking a dump...they SMELL (and this is just w/ breast milk and formula...i can't imagine what actual food is going to smell like).
9. I need to work out…BAD. But, we had to move my exercise machine (one of those elliptical type things, but the cheap kind) to the other room to have a spot for our Christmas tree. And now, I REALLY want to use it. I KNEW that would happen. When it's not around, you always wish you had it, right? (Yeah, I'm not using it in the other room b/c there is no TV to occupy my time while I'm using it). So, for Christmas, I’m asking for a step and DVD so I can do workouts and not have to move a huge machine. Know of any good videos?
10. We’re going to 2 Christmas parties this weekend. It seems like we have friends, but we really don’t. At least we can borrow some for the holidays. :) Just kidding! I’m excited though, because there will be other little babies at the parties and I’m really interested to see how Makena interacts (or doesn't) with them.
11. The end. I’m going to go sew more. I’m learning lots of patience.
12…ok, I thought I was finished, but as I was spell checking, spell checker told me to change Makena’s name to McKenna. And it made me think of a story. We were eating Thanksgiving lunch at Luke’s parent’s house, and Luke’s little sister made place cards for everyone. She misspelled a lot of people’s names (especially mine – Rashchelle – at least she remembered there was an “s” and a “c” both in there somewhere). And she had a place card for Makena. One of the parent’s friends was teasing her for how she spelled Makena’s name (which she spelled correctly b/c it is spelled phonetically). It was so funny to say “nope, she spelled it right” and semi-awkward/uncomfortable because he thought he was going to make a joke and was completely shut down. Haha! Oh well!
13. K, i'm going to end with a picture of my sweet girl and myself b/c I FINALLY got in a picture with her. (For some reason, I can't get the 'red eye' out of one of her eyes, it always seems to happen to her pics).
2 comments:
I'm new here! What a great blog :)
this list is so long... i love it. I just sat down with some hot cocoa and read it. I love hearing about your troubles and about makena and stuff. :) You look really good in that picture.. your hair is all fabulous. I like the poot story. I know lucas will be a tooter because enos and i are both SERIOUS tooters. i know what you mean about having friends but really not. We have "friends" that we never hang out with.. it's great. why are we so anti-social? good luck with the stocking... don't get stressed out...i feel that way too being not so good at sewing. and i love those hideous ornaments... mostly the first one because it's so shiny and fishy. enos and i have the tradition of buying a new ornament every year for christmas... something special, like you guys do. it's one of our favorite things to do. :)
Post a Comment