I had every intent to post this yesterday as a slight joke. She's been extremely fussy in the evenings lately; i'm pretty sure it's colic. Anyway, 2 nights ago, she was crying ALL the time, which is very unlike her, but I realized if I put her in her swing, it would rock her to sleep. (I tried rocking her and then sneaking her to bed, but she'd wake up when she was laid flat). So, finally, I decided to quit fighting it and get some rest myself. I made a little bed up for me on the couch and Makena slept peacefully here the majority of the night.
...then...yesterday happened. fussy baby ALL DAY LONG. it was so sad. she wasn't cooing and smiling at me like normal, so i could tell something was brewing. I decided last night I was just going to start her off in the swing and let her sleep b/c she was so fussy the entire day and I KNEW she had to be exhausted. Even the swing wouldn't sooth her. She just wanted to be held. We decided to take her temperature. I was scared to death! It was late, and I wanted to call every single one of you friends out there that have babies and ask what the heck to do, but I decided to let you all sleep. :) Under her arm, w/ adding a degree, she was running 100.3...so i decided i should take it rectally to see how it compared. It scared me less, b/c it was 99.8. I looked at the Children's Tylenol and Motrin I'd bought a while back as a safety net, but Tylenol says not to give to children under 2 yrs and Motrin says not to give to a child under 6 months. AHH! So, I decided to wait to see if the fever went up any. Finally, she fell asleep in my arms and we cuddled all night long in my bed.I called the doctor today, and now we have an appointment this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have some kind of answer, or at least peace of mind. All though, they said they don't consider it a fever until it is above 100. They told me it was best to bring her in since she has been fussy, to see if they can figure it out. :( Sorry to be whiny. Sick babies make me sad.
But...these pictures make me happy... :)
Here are some pics of her loving her swing. It has a mirror above her head and she loves to stare at her reflection and the little mobile. It's adorable.
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear she's sick :( The swing is a LIFESAVER!!! She is beautiful!! Let me know what the doctor says. Give her kisses from us.
She is growing so much and absolutely adorable!! Hope she feels better soon.
oh baby... you're so sweet... i wonder if she'd be interested in a SLIGHTLY younger man? perhaps? :) i'm proud of you for not panicking like so many mothers do and rushing her to the ER in the middle of the night. What a cool mom Makena has.
i love babies with open mouths. i swear i kiss all in isaak's mouth all day long!!!
okay as i was reading this i was already planning on commenting that a baby temp isn't anything to worry about until 101 but all those different parts to take temps and add numbers and subract confuses me so i never do it. i just feel and kiss their head and if my lips burn i know they have a fever. you'll learn that trick soon enough!! but then u'll take ur kids to the doc and they'll ask what their temp has been and you look like an idiot saying, uhmm, i don't know..it's just really hot on my lips.
she is so precious and i hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment