We decided to take Makena's cast off 8 days after her surgery. I don't know what I would've done had we waited longer.... the poor girl was ready to get WET. She LOVES her baths. I asked her the morning we took her cast off, "Makena, do you want to take a bath?" And she said "buh-buh?" (that's Makena talk for "with BUBBLES?!" You could HEAR her delight. She knew exactly what I was asking her.
My butt was clinched the entire time I was unraveling the cast. I was SO afraid of messing up her newly mended thumb...and hoping it was actually healed. Any time she used her thumb, or fell, catching herself with her hands, I puckered. She acted like nothing had happened! Except that when she was asked, "Where's your thumb?" She pointed to her owie (and for the most part still does).
Cast is off, now getting all of the gooey, cotton-y stuff. Notice the STRAIGHT thumb? :)
So stinkin' happy with her buh-buhs. This picture makes me happy.
AND NOW...to EASTER.....
Of course we had to dye eggs....I remember how much fun it was as a kid...so I started Makena early. Even Daddy decided to join the fun. He explained to Makena what to do, and she was so excited she practically THREW the egg in the dye (this did not make Daddy very happy, but made her Mommy laugh).
Practice makes perfect, and the next egg, she did a little better....but notice her Daddy's scared face in the background. :)
The Easter Bunny left presents! And the dogs couldn't WAIT to see what was in Makena's basket, knowing that they'd shortly steal from her. (Gus immediately took her chirping chicken when no one was looking and murdered it under Makena's crib. It was sad.)
Stylin' girl with her new phone and shades. (She now says "HO?" (that's 'hello') when she answers the phone, and closes it and says "bye-bye!")
She LOVED hunting eggs. She really got the point! We told the Easter bunny not to hide too many because we figured she'd get bored....but to our surprise and excitement, she couldn't get enough!!
But, next year, we're going to have to talk to that dadgum bunny because he hid an egg on Daddy's tire, and it's in the street, and Makena, being the good girl that she is....was afraid to get the egg for fear of reprimand from her attentive Mommy and Daddy (even after our many "it's ok to get the egg this time"...) And, I love this because it shows all of the dye on her hands. :)
I love this silly girl's silly smile. It makes this Momma's heart happy.
Our Family...too bad Makena wasn't looking at the picture here....(and yes, I know this shirt makes me look large, I did not however, realize this until AFTER these pictures were taken). But, since we rarely have all 3 of us in a picture at once, I have to cherish the ones I have. :)
The same goes for pics of me and this angel:
Bah-bah and Makena. (yes, instead of "momma", for now, my name is "bah-bah"). I love it. (Even though I'm a little jealous.) I was so excited that she said my name first, that I worked SO hard to have her say "dada" and now? My name is "bah-bah", and any time she sees pictures of Daddy, she immediately points and squeels with excitement, "Dada?!" And then, points to me and says BAH-BAH!!!!! And is so excited that it makes my heart melt...at least there will be a story to tell, huh?
Seriously? Could there be anything more cute than this? This Bah-bah doesn't think so.
5 comments:
Oh my...could she be any cuter?!???!!! I think she looks just like you :)
And yay for a straight thumb!!!
AND that shirt does not make you look big... seriously... you look awesome!
Where did you find Makena's dress? Is it children's place? Super cute!
Seriously, "this shirt makes me look big" girl please. You and your family are precious!! Love her sweet face. I would like to see you again soon....hello attend an event dang it. ;o)
Yes you finally blogged- thought you forgot. She is too cute in her pretty Easter dress. I love her smile too.
I never would have used the word perfectionist to define Luke. Too funny that he was so particular about dying the eggs. :) Love Ms. Makena in her Easter dress what a cutie and so happy at bathtime! And finally, you look AMAZING so if you were considering never wearing that shirt again you should reconsider you look great! Peace Out Ragsdales!
~ Ashley Croan
my... what LOVELY thumbs you have makena. :)
that dress is so stinkin' cute on that really stinkin' cute girl. my favorite picture is that last one of her in the bathtub. her little laugh-y face reminds me of yours. it makes me smile.. and miss you! :)
Post a Comment