My avid hunterman, Luke, has been quite successful this year. First, he shot this:
...which of course we had to get mounted, commemorating his first bow buck b/c apparently you pass on bucks until you see "the one", and this one had a nice rack (boobs are always on a man's brain). Except, it takes like 7 or 8 months to finish mounting it!! Isn't that crazy?! So, I haven't actually "seen" the deer...only this bad picture taken with a cell phone. I HAVE tried some new recipes w/ my ground venison...and I have to say, it's not half bad.
Then, since bow season was over, he HAD to get at least one duck hunt in, and lucky for him, landed this baby:
which had one of these:
which earned him this beauty, an official certificate:
So...of COURSE we have to get the banded pintail mounted also. :) Our office is turning in to Luke's game room (literally).
I'm sad when you leave me for these hunting excursions...but at least your getting me more wall decor! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i like this. me and austin want our bedroom to be decorated with animal heads and horns. not ones that we've killed of course, we don't hunt...cuz we don't know how. but anyway...in the long run it will look like saltgras inside. but LOOOONg run. like decades.
Post a Comment