When she turned 3 months old she started balding at a rapid rate. I was freaking. If I tugged on her hair, I'd pull out clumps. The first time I saw a clump, i thought it was a wad of Howie hair, not so. So I flipped. Now, I'm sure it's very common. I was told about a website called mamasource.com that I've really enjoyed reading. A lot of people, especially first time mothers post questions and get responses. I've learned so much from the site! AND about this same time, I started profusely shedding. It’s disgusting to see how much hair I’ve lost every time I take a bath or dry my hair. PLEASE quit falling out!
Makena has rolled over from her tummy to her back 2 times, and I think it scared her, so she’s a little leery to try again…AND Sunday, she finally figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy and did it 4 times that day. It’s her new favorite trick.
Makena has rolled over from her tummy to her back 2 times, and I think it scared her, so she’s a little leery to try again…AND Sunday, she finally figured out how to roll from her back to her tummy and did it 4 times that day. It’s her new favorite trick.
(This is a pic right after she rolled from her tummy to her back)...I think she's still in shock.
She found her feet. It’s the cutest thing to watch. AND she is slobbering like NO OTHER and wants to stick her fist in her mouth as far as she can possibly jab it, usually gagging herself in the process. It’s so funny!
I moved her to her big girl bed. (Meaning her crib, and no longer my room…) when she was 13 weeks. It was the hardest night of my life. I LOVED having her right next to me and hearing her sweet sleepy noises, and being able to easily roll over to check on her, or stick her paci in her mouth. The first night I moved her, she slept a solid 8 hrs. I went in to check on her 3 times afraid she’d suffocated herself. Nope. She just loved her bed. Since then, she would sleep anywhere from 6 to 11 hours!!!!
That is..UNTIL this week…I don’t know if it’s a growth spurt and she wants to eat…I thinks he has a lot of gas…SO…I did what I figured my Dr would tell me to do and increased her Axid (it’s usually the cure all “pill” for everything…but since she’s grown, I figured her dosage should probably go up also). AND…since she’s 17 weeks, which = 4 months, I fed her her first bites of rice cereal. I HOPE it’s ok. Yesterday was my trial run. We BOTH have to get better at it. I’m a little concerned that it’s going to plug her up though…I hear it can cause constipation. I don’t know if it was the increase in reflux medicine or the cereal or BOTH, but she slept 8 hrs last night. WOOHOO! Momma’s been spoiled. **I've been writing this in spurts, so since I wrote this, I haven't been feeding her cereal consistently, but, it's still fun to try every once in a while...and so far, no constipation. (I'll just feel better about the cereal after I talk to her pedi in a week).
That is..UNTIL this week…I don’t know if it’s a growth spurt and she wants to eat…I thinks he has a lot of gas…SO…I did what I figured my Dr would tell me to do and increased her Axid (it’s usually the cure all “pill” for everything…but since she’s grown, I figured her dosage should probably go up also). AND…since she’s 17 weeks, which = 4 months, I fed her her first bites of rice cereal. I HOPE it’s ok. Yesterday was my trial run. We BOTH have to get better at it. I’m a little concerned that it’s going to plug her up though…I hear it can cause constipation. I don’t know if it was the increase in reflux medicine or the cereal or BOTH, but she slept 8 hrs last night. WOOHOO! Momma’s been spoiled. **I've been writing this in spurts, so since I wrote this, I haven't been feeding her cereal consistently, but, it's still fun to try every once in a while...and so far, no constipation. (I'll just feel better about the cereal after I talk to her pedi in a week).
A little confused about the strange thing around her neck....
Then, she realized it could go in her mouth easily and would stay there w/ out much effort and she loved it.
This new Darius Rucker song, makes me appreciate EVERY little aspect of being a mommy, even the not so glamourous ones...ESPECIALLY since she is growing SO FAST. Have you heard it yet?!
It Won't Be Like This For Long
(the misspellings are not my fault, i copied it, i'm just too lazy to correct them)
He didnt have to wake up
He'd been up all nite
Lay'n there in bed listen'n
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It gonna be OK
It wont be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laugh'n
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
It wont be like this for long
Four years later bout four thirty
She's crawling in there bed
And when he drops her off at preschool
She's clinging to his leg
The teacher peels her off of him
He says what can I do
She says now dont you worry
This will only last a week or two
It wont be like this for long
One day soon we'll drop her off
And she wont even know your gone
This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It wont be like this for long
One day soon she'll be a teenager
And at times you'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the isle
And he'll raise her vale
But right now she up and cry'n
And the truth is that he dont mind
As he kisses her good night
And she says her prayers
He lays down there beside her
Till her eyes are finally closed
And just watch'n her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows
It wont be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah this phase is gonna fly by
He's try'n to hold on
It wont be like this for long
It wont be like this for long
(QUIT GROWING SO FAST! I love you, my sweet angel.)
8 comments:
That is a wonderful song. Brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.
And as far as her eating rice cereal...honey if she's eating it and liking and you felt she was ready...then she probably is!
Oh she is such a doll! I can't believe she's getting so big, so fast!! Enjoy every minute with her. Brandon LOVES that Darius Rucker song... it makes me cry every time I hear it b/c it's SOOOO true!! Enjoy every moment with her :)
She looks like such a happy baby! What an adorable big smile! :)
SOO CUTE! Love your stories!!! It makes me want a baby more!!
Good job growing Makena.. i know it bothers your mom a little bit but i'm just glad you're so healthy and happy. :)
Her little boots are too cute - I love them!
i love her chubby thighs and cowgirl boots!!!
she is so freakin' cute! love it!
Post a Comment