Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter from Some "Bunny" Special

...a few days late.

I'm not much on "frilly" outfits myself...and I KNOW a baby would HATE the itchiness of a frilly dress (or mine would). So, we compromised on an adorable (if I do say so myself) capri outfit. And, I painted her toenails...PINK! She's in 12...yes 12 MONTH baby clothes now! My big girl is growing too fast! (Ok, the clothes are a little big...but at least she can wear them for a while!)

Makena and I were STILL sick on Easter. So, we kind of took it easy. We did make it to church before the crummy-ness set in again for the evening (evenings are always the worst). My parents were going to watch her for us b/c they'd already gone to the Saturday night service...but...I didn't get ready fast enough to drop her by their house. We braved it and took her with us and sat in the "parent room" and she did exceptionally well. A few screams of joy here and there but she was just letting every one know that she loves her Jesus and was excited to be celebrating his resurrection. :)

Here are a few pics of our adorable baby:


**Smiles for Easter**

Can I eat the grass?
She loved the colorful eggs. They fit perfectly into her little hands.
"Egg-citement"


This bunny sang the song "hippity hoppity Easters on it's way"...and it bounced. Makena tried giving it kisses. And she especially loved its tag.
Then...I found this outfit in her closet a couple of days ago. And i realized it was a 3-6 month outfit...and I somehow had FORGOTTEN about it! :( It made me smile though. So, I put her in it so I could at least document the outfit. Only to discover she LOVED the feet and couldn't pull the bunny ears hard enough! The outfit only lasted about 30 minutes and a toe broke through the seam and i forgot to take a picture of that cute moment.



6 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

Happy 1st Easter sweet Makena!! She is too cute in all these pics!

Lindsay said...

oh makena...you are so precious... and i LOOOOOVE that outfit!!!!! that black and white with the pink looks FABULOUS! and I love that she screamed for joy because she "loves her Jesus" that made me giggle. We have this picture of Christ in our living room and Lucas looks at it and smiles... it's so precious... it's like he's sayin, "hey, i know that guy! We hung out before i was born!"

Jaimee Granberry said...

I LOVE the 2nd to last picture adn the big bow...she's too cute:)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh this post makes me sad b ecause kora had an oufit that had litle bear feet and she loved it so much and she looked so precious in it and it was soooo soft and cozy to hug her in it.

thanks for making me cry.

Crystal Corona said...

CUTE! MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!! AND I need a random funny story from you.

Cheryl said...

LOVED the pictures! Several poses I had not seen. Your blog makes me smile and giggle. Especially...A screams of joy letting every one know she loves her Jesus... :)love you mimi