2. This swine flu crap is scaring the CRAP outta me. I feel like I need to be wearing a mask and surgical gloves outside of my house. They've had a few people w/ it around the Dallas area. They even cancelled school during TAKS week at one campus b/c of it. THEN, Luke called me today to say he thinks one of his guys at work (who has frequent family members/friends that travel to and from Mexico) has swine flu. NO!!!!!!!!!! I'm not playing. That's scary. ...I might quarantine Luke. It's REALLY scary b/c i heard after symptoms are over that the person should stay home for 48 hrs...and I KNOW he won't do that b/c he'll need the money. Luke said this guy has never missed a day, so is obviously not feeling well. I seriously went grocery shopping today to stock up on food in case something crazy happens. They're talking pretty scary stuff about it! AND...i'm afraid Makena is throwing up. I don't really know the difference b/w throwing up and spitting up...but she's doing a lot more of it. If it continues through tomorrow, I'm calling the dr. she's being picky about eating her bottle though, and that's not good...but MAYBE she's teething and swallowing too much spit. Oh geez, Here we go again with the sicknesses. I have a feeling now that she likes to eat her hands, that we're going to be sick much more often. But, I have one of these...and I absolutely love it. I feel like I keep her away from tons of germs, especially on disgusting shopping carts...well, high chairs too b/c i'm sure those are rarely disinfected and she puts her mouth on EVERYTHING. SO yeah, I'm glad i have this.
3. Walmart today. Um...b/c of the previously mentioned...I don't want ANYONE (especially those I don't know) touching my baby. I saw this Walmart worker coming towards us while I was checking out. She loves Makena, and every time I see her she comes over and goo-goos over her....I always try to avoid her if I can, but I was TRAPPED. ....Ok...i started typing this experience and it was way too long. So...stay tuned for the next post of my wonderful walmart experiences, yes there have been multiple. Call me white trash, and i'll kick your butt. I know, i know, it's hard to resist these cheeks.
4. I've been feeling really crampy/periody lately. I feel like a pre-pubescent adolescent awaiting my first visit from Aunt Flo. I arm myself with materials, in my trusty diaper bag and at the slightest moisture, I run to the bathroom just *knowing* today will be the day. It's a weird feeling to relive. I forgot how this used to be, before the "regularity". (Um, haven't boobed in over a month, and even THEN it was ONCE every other DAY). I felt this EXACT same way when I was pregnant with Makena. So...this particular day, I was cleaning out our desk, and realized that for some strange reason, i SAVED, not just a picture, but the actual POSITIVE pregnancy test...which still clearly showed the results. I was afraid it was a sign. I waited until Luke got home from work. He asked me if I'd started yet (as he did w/ Makena, it was all eerily similar).
I wouldn't be devastated if it turned out positive, I just want a little more time (or a lot more...) with just Luke, me and our little girl, before we add another to the picture. I mean, if it happens, it happens...ANYWAY, shut up Raschel...get back to it....I took another pregnancy test. Luke was chilling on the back porch, and I went to take my test. It was then that a crazy thought occurred to me...
I took the test. It was negative. Phew. ...but Luke didn't know this... *wink, wink* I hid the test and grabbed my old positive test. I sat it on the kitchen counter, and as Luke came in from outside, he asked if I'd taken the test (as I'm busily scurrying around the kitchen starting dinner so I don't DIE laughing from the stunt I was about to pull on him...). I told him I had, and nodded towards "it" on the counter. I was about to smile, so I ran and buried my face in his shoulder. (I should be an actress). I almost brought myself to tears just putting myself in the situation (well, that, and I could've cried from laughing so hard in my head...). haha...Oh man...it was great. i kept it going for a good 5-10 minutes. At first, he didn't believe me...he made me show him the wrapper to the test, and the box...(um, definitely have those) :)...then, get this...he SNIFFED the pee end of the stick. Yep. I told him doesn't take much pee, and that much urine is NOT going to have a scent to it. (All of this with OUT laughing, mind you...)
He was actually incredibly supportive. He didn't react at all like i thought he would. The only thing he kept saying was "how?!, we've done so much to prevent it". I just kept saying...i guess this is what they mean by "all it takes is one".
I'm probably going to wind up pregnant so God can laugh at me and my meanness to Luke. He actually says he wouldn't care, and kind of WANTS it. BLAH. 9 months is a LONG freaking time to be pregnant...and there are so many restrictions on a woman...plus, I'm about to start chasing a crawling baby around and need my energy. :) (Yes, she's attempting it...she scoots and rolls every where...it won't be too much longer before we're mobile).
5. I just went and checked on my sleeping baby. She's started napping on her tummy now! She wakes up and rolls herself over to her tummy and falls back asleep. I think it's adorable. I love to lay on my tummy. It's my favorite (sleeping) position. ;) (also another reason to hold off on pregnancy). This was the first time I ever caught her on her belly:
Anyway, THIS time she'd awkwardly turned herself sideways in her bed and fell asleep like this:
(yes, I made sure she was breathing)...i think it's time to remove the bumper.
6. That is all...for now. :)


5 comments:
i love these pics....she's so cute and proper :) that one butt shot of her is so FREAKING cute!!! i love her rolls!!!! sweet sweet makena, make your mommy post more pictures of you so we can all enjoy them.
She is seriously one of the cutest babies I've ever seen!:)
that story is too funny!!! and makena is too adorable.
who is your dermatologist? i have been putting off going for awhile now and need to get some "freckles" checked out! ;)
oh girl...I love reading your blogs! I end up laughing every time, but it makes me miss you! Makena is gorgeous and growing so much!
that little woman's bootie is sooo precious! i love babies when they sleep.
how old is she again anyway? getting acidentally pregnant wouldn't be THAT bad would it??
Post a Comment