Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby GIRL Ragsdale

:)

It's official - it's a girl!

The sonogram was a fun experience. It was neat to see how she was laying in me and see her opening her little mouth. She was pretty stubborn--like her daddy (ok, definitely her mommy too...) and wouldn't open her legs at first, but with a little maneuvering they were able to detect no penis or balls. I asked her how likely it would be that it was just hiding and she said not very likely with all the maneuvering. She said everything looked normal. The nurse is supposed to call me in a couple of days and let me know for sure that the doctor says everything is progressing like normal. I'm still on track, measuring in at 20 weeks. Phew. It was a lot to take in.

Luke is already being very protective. It's really cute. For some reason he thinks a baby boy (even in my tummy) should get tough NOW. He said, "I have to change my mindset now; she's so fragile" and ordered me to drive in the slow lane from now on (now I can make sure to hold him to that when he gets a lead foot). :) haha. I was so glad he was able to see everything because she took so many more pictures, it wouldn't have done it justice to have just brought home the pictures (plus he got to hear her heart beat - 2xs!!)...but here are the ones I brought home. (They all pretty much look alike...but I'm a mother...and even though the poses are all the same, I still love each picture.)


9 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

We are so happy for you! She's already loved more than you know! Enjoy these next few months :)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

congrats!!!! that's so exciting. your sono pics are good too, mine always look like a clump of mud or something...never a baby.

Allison said...

How exciting! A girl will be SO fun...do you have a name picked out yet?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Carlie said...

omg!!! That is the coolest thing ever!! Are you so pumped its a little girl?!?!

Rachael said...

Congratulations...You are going to be a wonderful mom! I can't wait to hear what you are going to name her!!!!

Lindsay said...

how TENDER!!!... i'm really jealous and happy for you. she's gonna be so cute.. i can tell by that profile. i love her nose. hehe

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i'm 100% NOT jealous of YOUR ticker.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

uhmm...BORING...what's NEW?