Friday, November 12, 2010

Five Year Wedding Anniversary

I love my man. We've been married 5 years this year, and these 5 years have FLOWN by. It's amazing to look back and see how our relationship has grown, and how we continue to grow in our knowledge of each other-and learning how to handle each other in our respective "moods". ;) I look forward to many, many more exciting years to come.

Divorce is so common these days. Unfortunately, we've actually already had a couple of friends go through it. I hate it for them (luckily, no children were involved). I love the fact that we've committed to "divorce" NOT being in our relationship vocabulary. Does it mean we don't argue? Heck no. But, sometimes people are too stubborn and selfish to WORK at and ON their relationships. If you don't have the "out" of divorce, it makes you work hard to get the relationship repaired, and to grow together. Making up is fun too. ;) We are excited about modeling a loving relationships for our kids, so that hopefully, we teach them not only by our words, but in our actions. 

There are many, many things I love about my Luke. I don't take the time often enough to tell him these things...so, I'm going to list FIVE short items (for our five year anniversary, get it?!) and challenge myself to continue writing these little "love affirmations" down from time to time.

Luke, I love....

1) that you are a provider for our family. You work hard. I see it daily (and the laundry proves it as well). You have one dirty, laborious job, and I don't know how you do it day in and day out, but I thank you for it.
2) that you make sacrifices (outside of work) since I do not have a "paying" job (only the most rewarding, DAILY). I don't ever want to take the job/role I have right now as a homemaker for granted. I value this time at home with my babies, and trying to make a comfortable, loving house for you to come home to in the evenings.
3) spending time together as a family on the weekends. It's so much fun to see you having fun with our spawn. ;) It makes my heart happy.
4) lazy time lounging-when I feel like you ARE comfortable with relaxing and not having to be going all the time (which is usually pretty uncharacteristic of you). ;)
5) the way you know how to love me when I'm stressed or sad. You're the best. Sometimes being wrapped in your strong, loving arms is all I need. I love those arms.


This year, we splurged on our anniversary and bought tickets to the Ranger's play off game. We actually got to see them win the ALCS. It was a great experience, and something we'll never forget!

We took a few pictures before we left:

And showed off our growing boy (at 23.5 weeks): 

I'm not really one for flowers (because they're too expensive and die entirely too fast for that kind of money), but Luke surprised me anyway and said he HAD to since it was our 5 year anniversary. At least they lived for a few days, and were really pretty while they lasted. :) And, I'm grateful for a thoughtful husband.  

I LOVED how happy Luke was the ENTIRE game. It was fun. 

It rained on and off the beginning of the game, hence our sweaty/rainy faces.

They WON!! 

Confetti EVERYWHERE! I seriously wondered how the clean-up crew got it off the field.

American League CHAMPIONS! 




No comments: