Friday, November 12, 2010

State Fair of Texas

We LOVE to go the State Fair. I hate paying $15 to park (it went up $5 this year, bummer). I love going to eat, look at all the crafty things, and find new exciting things to watch Makena enjoy. My foods of choice always include Fletchers corny dogs (though, with their price, I'm beginning to think they're overrated-but I continue to splurge), a funnel cake, twisted taters--I could eat 5 plates of these by myself, and some new/exciting fried thing (this year we tried Fried Frito Pie--ehhh, wasn't that impressed--but at least it was edible). Luke loves to look at the car shows, to play the expensive basketball games-and to try to win ridiculous prizes that I have to figure out where to keep (so this means we have to walk past ALL the games at least once so he can find the best "prize"! ;) I guess it makes him feel manly? KIDDING, Love.

We started this year at the "farm" and let Makena play around. But first, we took a silly picture at the entrance.Makena was a cow...I'm not sure what I was supposed to be, but I love my baby-big girl's smile.


We're not exactly sure what we're supposed to be doing, but we play along... 

Pretending to gather eggs... 

Planting seeds... 


Photo opp area... (i wish we had more time here so we could get a cute picture of her LOOKING at us, but these will do!) ;)



Then, we ventured to the petting zoo. I love watching her have such a good time and be so brave letting the animals eat out of her hands. I was shocked at how excited she was about wanting to feed them, and she was very sad when it was time to leave here.  



(I wouldn't even let an ostrich eat out of MY hand because of how scary it looks...Makena's brave...and she had the peck marks/bite marks to prove it--dumb bird).


She really wanted to "touch da horse". 

Here's our happy girl modeling Luke's latest, largest win. He got many admiring looks from adolescent boys drooling over (and asking where to win) this prize. I think it made him even more proud. :)

No comments: