I decided that this year I'd take Makena up to the pumpkin patch and try to take pictures. I'm always jealous of seeing everyone's creative/memory-making pictures. I had her dressed in cute fall-ish attire, and even brought along her costume. Obviously, I had big plans. Unfortunately, the day we chose to go, they were mowing/weed eating ALL around the pumpkin patch. Makena is TERRIFIED of lawn mowers/weed eaters.
I set her in the middle of some pumpkins to try to to get some pictures. It was obvious it wasn't going to happen.
I decided I'd try to join her to see if it would calm her down. Nope. She kept her eye peeled on the guy with the weed eater.
So, we decided to go to the complete OPPOSITE side of the pumpkin patch with a little prop to take a picture. I swear that dadgum weed eater man FOLLOWED us over there!
We tried for ONE more, and it definitely wasn't happening. We made memories, just of another kind. :) It's ok, I'm glad I don't feel obligated to try this anymore!
We got home, where we were mower free, and created sweet memories. :)
I do have a silly girl....
Then, one night we carved the pumpkin as a family. Makena LOVED helping. She loves to get dirty, but loves to clean her hands quickly after. She doesn't like being "sicky" (sticky).
One of my absolute favorite things to do on Halloween is to roast the pumpkin seeds. Kena helped to rinse them off, and helped stir them in the butter and salt. Yum.
I have the biggest helper EVER. We started carving the pumpkin...
Then, Daddy wanted to pull power tools into it. Men and their power tools....I'll never quite understand it. :) It worked for the most part (I just cleaned up its jagged edges). Thanks for participating Love, it probably did help it go a little faster. Kena helped by coloring the other side of the pumpkin.
Halloween night was a BLAST. Makena was the cutest little Lion!
She loves The Lion King! We've been watching it on the "old school VHS", but loving every minute of it! I KNEW saving my old stuffed animals "for my kids" (as I did with MOST of my toys...my poor parents' attic....) would come in handy because Makena will not go to bed without her "Rawr" every night (it's Simba from The Lion King, and she named him herself), but I LOVE that he's being loved all over again! :)
Makena WANTED to walk around this year. We worked all day on saying "Trick or Treat!" and she had that part DOWN. I just hoped when she got to the door she'd remember to say it. She really did for the most part! It was so cute to hear her sweet little voice say "Trick or Treat" and tell the sweet, candy giving strangers "THANK YOU" (da go) and "BYE!"
That night, we let her eat ENTIRELY too much candy. She's never had a "sugar high" but she SURE did that night. She laid in bed wired out of her mind, talking until close to midnight. Eh, live and learn...and she had fun, and we had a blast seeing her really get into it this year!
I sure love my cuddly little Lion.
No comments:
Post a Comment